Here at Disability Connection, we are inspired every day by real life Heroes. Our heroes are ordinary people doing extraordinary things. We hope you are inspired too!
- Team Hoyt: This is the story of Dick & Rick Hoyt, the most inspirational father and son team ever to race in an Iron-man. Check out their story.
- Jessica Cox: Impressive abilities… Even more impressive attitude. Young lady who flies planes without arms.
- Nick Vujicic: No arms, no legs, no worries! Life without limbs? Or life without limits. http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/
- Dustin Carter: Dustin doesn’t let the fact that he has no legs or arms keep him from being a champion wrestler.
- Amputee surfers in Pismo Beach. For more information, visit www.centralcoasttoday.com.
- Surf Dog Ricochet helps children with disabilities catch a wave.
- Anthony Starego : Autism doesn’t stop this amazing football player.
- Derek Paravicini Overcomes Disability to become Piano Phenomenon.
- Oscar Pistorius makes history at the Olympics.
- Bethany Burnette: Autistic recording artist overcomes a life of stigma.
- Ginny Owens: Piano player, singer, musical educator, and christian artist and song writer. More than most can do, even with their sight.